Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chapter 12

January 2009

“Engine 21, Rescue 2 due to respond to Rt. 5 in front of the HSBC Arena for a car into the water.”
“Shit! This is the 2nd car this storm that has decided to take a dip in the lake.  I’m running out of dry underwear!” Wagner complained as we geared up.
“I don’t want to hear anything about your underwear, Wagner.  Terrible nightmares come to me every time I do,” I said as I grabbed my helmet and placed it on my head.
“Oh come on Kasyk!  I have daydreams about you in your underwear…”  He promptly shut his trap when a water bottle hit him in the back of his head as he walked over to the engine.
He did have a point about the dry underwear.  I was tired of having to put my clothing in the dryer every time we got back from a call because we ended up either in icy cold water or sweating our asses off in our turn-out gear as we tried to keep our fire hydrants clear from snow.
When we arrived on scene we found a car half floating just off shore in the icy water of Lake Erie.  The area was crazy because the arena was just emptying out from a game, so people and cars were everywhere and there was more than one person trying to prove they were heroes by attempting to get into the lake.
“Please! Everyone stay away from the vehicle!” a police officer yelled over a bull horn.
I was climbing into one of the dive suits when I heard my name being called out.
“Emmy! Over here!” Patrick yelled, sounding like he did when he was younger and very excited about something, from the sidewalk with a couple other guys from the team, including Stafford and Mair.
I just smiled and nodded as Wagner held the suit out of me.  “This is going to suck,” I mumbled to Wagner before I stepped into the freezing cold water.  The suit was made for this kind of weather, but it still didn’t make things feel like a hot summer day.
Luckily the car wasn’t in a deep area, so I only had to be in the water up to my waist.  With the help of my crew, we broke the back window of the car and helped the person out to safety.  All the by-standers clapped as we got the drunken dumbass to the ambulance and most went back to their business of getting home from the game.  The cold was starting to get to me and my muscles began cramping.  I was hobbling over to the truck when a strong arm came snaked its way around my waist.
I looked over, half expecting it to be Wagner and instead I found Patrick’s adorable grin, smiling back at me.
“Hey!” I exclaimed with surprise.
“You looked like you needed some help.”
“My muscles are cramping up something terrible,” I said through my teeth as another wave of pain shot up them.
“How long have you been on duty?”
“I’m going on 36 hours.”
“You need a break.  You look tired,” he said with a worried look on his face.
“I’m fine.  I’ve been getting sleep between calls.”
“Are you just not going home because they won’t let you or is it because you are kind of stranded there?”
“A little of both, I admitted.  Ryan dropped me off on Monday and has offered to pick me up, but I don’t want him driving more than he has to.  It’s bad enough you guys still had the game tonight.”  Ryan and I lived on the other side of the city from my station, so it just didn’t make sense for him to drive me back and forth.
“Come stay with me tonight, then,” Patty pleaded with me.
“Won’t Monica have a shit fit?”
“Fuck her.  She’s at school and I’ve about had it with her haughty attitude,” he said as he climbed in the back of the Rescue truck with me.
“Trouble in paradise?”
“I should have seen the problems sooner, now I feel like I’m in too deep,” he answered honestly.
“It’s not like you are engaged to her…”
“Her mom and dad basically act like we are.  I hate it,” he pouted.
“Hey, if you are here?  Where is Ryan?”
“He had extra press to do tonight because of his fundraiser coming up.”
“Oh, yeah, I never thought about that,” I mumbled absent mindedly.
“So, are you going to stay with me tonight?  It will be like old times.”
“I’ll have to ask Charlie to make sure they have enough staff…”
“I have enough staff, Kasyk!” Charlie yelled from the driver’s seat, officially scaring the shit out of me.
“Jesus, Charlie! When did you get in the fucking truck?!” I yelled as I grabbed at my chest.
“I’ve been here the whole time.  I’m an old timer, remember?  I don’t get out unless absolutely necessary.”
Patty and I just looked at each other and laughed.
“I guess it’s going to be like old times,” I said with a smile.



I just finished cleaning up a few things around my apartment when the doorbell rang.  I was nervous as hell to have Emma sleeping over tonight, mainly because it had seemed like forever since we had done something like this, plus I had been dreaming about her almost every night for the last couple months for some unknown reason.  
Everything had become a little strained since she came home from Michigan with Miller’s ring on her finger and I came home from Seneca Lake with Monica attached at my hip.  Monica and Emma were complete opposites and hated each other with a passion.  I now understood how Emma felt about the hatred between Shane and me.  It got old real quick and I was torn on what to do. 
At first Monica was everything I thought I wanted in a woman; a couple months later I realized she was essentially a psycho rich girl from New York society.  Her parents actually had a party for the two of us becoming a couple.  It was all quite strange and I wanted out.  Of course I told her this numerous times but she didn’t seem to get the hint.
I opened the door to find my tired friend standing in the hall, looking like she was going to fall over from lack of sleep.  I didn’t even give her a chance to take a step as I scooped her up into my arms, carried her into my apartment and set her on the couch.  She just smiled weakly at me as I quickly went into the kitchen and got her a bowl of soup.  My skin was still tingling from the warmth of her body so close to mine.
“Eat this and I will get you some clothes to change into,” I said quietly to her.  She just nodded thankfully and began slurping up the soup.  When I came back into the living room I found that she had a little more color to her face despite her sleepiness.
“Thank you for making my favorite,” she said sweetly.
“Anytime!” I said as I sat down on the couch next to her, pulling her legs onto my lap and rubbing her cold feet.  “So how long do you have off?”
“Charlie told me to come back at midnight tomorrow night…so basically 18 hours off,” she said with a tired smile.  “So how did the game go tonight?”
“Ugh…it went okay.  Ryan left in a couple softies and our defense was shit.  We really need to get our act together and start playing better.  It’s kind of frustrating.  Has Millsy complained much about it?”
Ryan,” She emphasized his name because she hated the nickname we had for him, “doesn’t usually talk much about hockey when we are home together because he likes to leave his work at the arena.”
“I wish I could do that,” I said wishfully.
“You always took it too seriously,” she said as she loaded another mouthful of soup into her mouth.
“And you’ve never had manners, Little Miss Speaking with a Mouth Full.”  The comment earned me a kick in the stomach and a silly smile as she rolled her blue eyes.  Next thing I knew, our eyes connected and the world seemed to stop as we sat there and stared at each other.  It should have been awkward, but it wasn’t; at least not to me.
She broke the moment by fake coughing and placing the soup bowl on the coffee table.  “Um, do you have that change of clothing?” she asked, seeming like she was now trying to avoid my gaze.
“Yeah, it’s sitting right next to where you put your bowl,” I said, trying not to smile because she was obviously uneasy.
“Oh, heh, look at that,” she said as I watched the color rise up in her cheeks.
I scooted over closer to her and pushed her hair back behind her ear, getting her to look over at me again.  “Emmy, what is wrong?  Why are you acting all edgy?”
“Wh-what are you talking about?” she stuttered, looking away from me again.
“Don’t lie to me, Emma,” I growled, slightly annoyed.
She stood up abruptly, almost losing her balance in the process.  “I think maybe I should go to bed.  I’m really tired,” she snapped as she grabbed the shorts and t-shirt off the table and walking towards the hallway to the bedrooms.  I just flopped back into a heap on the couch, trying to figure out what the hell I was doing. 
My mind was going a mile a minute and my heart was racing.  Emmy and I had hundreds of sleepovers the last 15 some years and here we were, both adults, she was engaged and I couldn’t get the thought out of my mind that I was more than willing to lock her in my bedroom and fuck the shit out of her.  I wanted her more than ever for some reason and I wasn’t quite sure why. 
Because you love her, you ass and now that Miller has put a ring on her finger, you have realized it might be your last chance to claim what is rightfully yours.
I shook the thoughts from my head, picked up Emma’s empty soup bowl and carried it into the kitchen.  I was walking back over to the living room when Emma came waltzing down the hall in the shorts and t-shirt I have given her to put on.  I could tell she didn’t have a bra on because her tits bounced heavily as she walked and I could see her nipples poking through my well worn Abercrombie t-shirt.
“Do you have an extra toothbrush by any chance?” she yawned.
“Yeah,” I said as I changed my direction and walked down the hall with her to the bathroom.  I dug an extra toothbrush out of the cabinet and handed it to her.
“Thank you,” she said, smiling like her old self and leaned in to kiss me on the cheek.  As soon as she leaned in I turned my face so that her lips landed on mine.  I grabbed her by the arms, just below her shoulders, to make sure she couldn’t exactly fight me off and pulled her body against me.  She left out a small gasp but didn’t fight my kiss as I quickly entered her mouth with my tongue and assaulted her passionately.  The kiss made me feel like I was standing in the midst of a hot volcano that was ready to burst and I wanted to be there when it did erupt.
I left go of her arms and wrapped my arms around her, moving my hand up into her thick hair.  I could feel her warm breasts pressing against my chest and her body melted against mine like it was meant to be one with mine.  Our mouths fought for dominance only to find that we were as equal as two people could be.  I groaned as I felt her hands lift up the back of my shirt, allowing her finger tips graze across my skin and tightened muscles.
As we stopped to take a gulp of air she breathed, “Patrick…”
“Ssh,” I whispered as I came down on her lips once more.  I lifted her up onto the bathroom counter and put myself between her legs, leaving enough room between the two of us so that I could put my hands under her t-shirt to feel the softness of her skin and cup her breasts that she thrusted into my palms.  She cried out into my mouth as the pads of my thumbs traced her hardened nipples.  Her arms were now wrapped around my neck and I could feel her fingers in hair.
I felt the overwhelming need to feel her skin against mine, so I quickly pulled off her shirt and mine simultaneously.  I hastily pulled her body against mine as I pulled her waist towards me so that she could feel my want against her warmth.  I could smell her need for me and I was instantly intoxicated.  I finally broke from her lips and pulled her hair off of her neck so that I could work my way down her throat.  She arched towards me as my tongue traced around her nipple.
“Patrick…” she cried out my name, this time the tone in her voice left me know that she was not asking me to stop.  She kept running her hands through my hair and had locked her legs around me like she was making sure I wouldn’t back away from her, even though there was no way in hell I would be leaving this room without her. 
I felt like all the blood circulation had been stopped because I was tingling all over.  I had been waiting for this moment for so long that I was afraid I was going to rush this and ruin it all.  I pulled back from her breast and looked up at her to find her lust filled eyes begging me to keep going.  I quick stretched up and kissed her deeply.  I then whispered heavily into her ear, “Emma, I want to make love to you, but not here on my bathroom counter…”
She started giggling as she wrapped her arms around my neck again and said, “Well, then take me to a place where you would like to make love to me, Kaleta.”
I scooped her off the counter and carried her down the hall to my bedroom.  I had dreamed about this moment since I had kissed her on the lake that 4th of July.  I couldn’t help but smile broadly as I laid her on my bed and dropped down so that I was hovering over top of her.
“Now, where were we,” I growled as I bit lightly at her neck and ran my fingers lightly over her skin, causing her to squeal out from being tickled.
“Patty!” she squeaked.  “This is not fair, you know all my secrets.”
“I plan on learning a lot more of your secrets tonight, Emmy,” I said as I covered her lips with mine once more.


Find out my secrets he did.  Patrick obviously was very experienced for his age and I blamed a little of that on me, just for the fact that I had pushed him away from me for so long.
When his lips touched mine for the first time my reaction surprised me.  My head was screaming to me that I was engaged to be married to Ryan.  However, my heart reminded me that these lips felt like home and that everything I knew was missing from Ryan’s and my relationship was now found in just this one kiss from this man who had been my best friend.
I was so exhausted from the long shift I had just put in, but somehow I found the energy to put into making love to this guy who had found a way to make me feel like every nerve ending in my body was wired with electricity.  It was like he awakened a part of me I had never known.
He kissed and touched me everywhere, like he was really trying to discover me in a new way.  I did the same to him and found that he was ticklish in more spots than I could have ever guessed.
At one stage, he ended up along side of me, down by my waist, just running his fingers over my belly, down around my hips and circling back up the inside of my thighs, just missing my now dripping wet pussy.  After the third time of his torture, I informed him of my displeasure.
“Patrick, stop fucking teasing me or I will slap that silly grin off your face!”
His smile just became larger as he got up on his elbow to lean into my lower lips as he said, “You have no idea how long I’ve waited to do this to you.”
At the first touch of his tongue, I grabbed the sheets around me and fisted them into balls, allowing me leverage to thrash around.  I swear he was magical with his mouth.  He lapped at me with long, slow strokes and would occasionally thrust his tongue deep into me.  His own humming of satisfaction coupled with the feel of his warm breath on my very sensitive region put me into tension laden state.  I was bucking against his face so hard that I almost forgot that I might be suffocating him.  He automatically felt my hesitation, prompting him to say, “Emma, please, don’t hold back for me.  There is nothing to be embarrassed about and you are not hurting me.  My face has taken harder punches on the ice.”
I just growled and shook my head back and forth as I pushed his face back down between my V, telling him to get on with it.
Soon after I was panting and ready to release this tension he had built.  He sensed me coming, so he pushed two of his fingers inside as he focused this tongue directly on my clit.  I was left with an orgasm that ripped through me so hard that I literally left out a blood curdling scream that I was instantly humiliated about.
Patrick was wiping my wetness from his face as he crawled up to me with a satisfied look on his face.
“Damn Emma, you scream like that all the time?”
“No!  I’m so sorry.  I’m pretty sure your whole apartment building heard that.”
He pushed his arm underneath my shoulders, bringing me slightly off the bed and whispered in my ear, “I’m glad to hear that I’m the first to make you scream that way.  I’ve waited forever to hear those cries from you.”  Before I could make a comment about how he shouldn’t be so damn cocky, he kissed me deeply, causing me to forget anything that might have been running through my mind at that moment.
The touching, kissing and biting resumed between us.  The foreplay was drawn out for so long because we were just having fun discovering each other this way.  Sometimes we ended up laughing so hard that it was almost easy to forget that we were doing adult things.
At some point I ended up on top of Patrick and kissed my way down his hard, smooth chest.  He was built like a fighter and it wasn’t difficult to admire his solid body.  I smiled as I followed his happy trail with my tongue and made his hard length dance as I lightly traced it.  “Jesus, Emma!” he cried out as his hands came roughly down on my head, coaxing me to take him into my mouth.
I pushed back against his hands and looked up at him, “So wait, do you want me to go down on you or not?” I said with a smile.
He looked at me with a frustrated grimace, letting me know that I was definitely pushing his buttons.  I decided to push them a little more by running my fingers up and down his length.  “Does that bother you?” I asked, slyly, happy to remind him how he tortured me a little earlier.
“Fuck, Emma.  Stop torturing me!” he growled as he dropped his head back onto the bed, obviously annoyed.
“Tell me what you want,” I coaxed him.  I wanted him to tell me because hearing him talk dirty to me was a side of him that I always secretly longed for but just never gave a chance for it to happen. It was a huge turn-on.
“I want you to take me deep into your mouth,” he pleaded.
“Please?” I asked with a laugh.
“Plleeeeaaassseeee,” he whined.
I didn’t make him wait any longer and by this point my mouth was actually watering because I wanted to taste him so badly.  I licked his length one more time before taking him deep into my mouth, causing me to gag.  I felt his hands come down onto my head again and held me there for a moment.  I pulled back and placed my hand at the base of him and began to swirl my tongue up and down his thick shaft and setting a smooth pace as Patrick wove his fingers in my hair.  I could vaguely hear him calling out my name in lust as I was working him.  I took long languid motions with my mouth, enjoying the smoothness of his dick in my mouth.  I was so into it I barely felt him tugging on my hair, coaxing me to stop as he mumbled something incoherently about not wanting to come this way with me.
“I want to be inside of you when I come, Emma,” he said with a passion in his voice that I never heard before.  I crawled shyly back up the length of his body and lay down next to him.  He threaded his arm under mine and flipped me onto my back kissing me deeply, once again taking my breath away from me.  I tingled all over; never in a million years did I think I could ever feel this way with a man.
Ryan had made me feel good, but Patrick made me feel like I was royalty when his lips were on mine.  He was strong but gentle at the same time and I felt like he was protecting me from the world as we made love.
He pushed my legs apart with a knee and then positioned his body between my legs and making a cage with his arms shielding me from the outside as he hovered over top of me.  He looked at me with a longing I had never seen before and he smiled softly as he pushed his long, thick cock into me.  I gasped as my folds spread to accept him.
“I’m not hurting you am I?” he whispered, worried.
“God, nooo.  I just never expected you to feel so good inside of me,” I said as I tear rolled down my cheek unexpectedly.  He wiped it away with the pad of his thumb and kissed where it had been as he pulled back and slowly pushed into me again. 
“Good, I never want to hurt you Emma.  I made that promise to myself long ago.”
His gaze never left mine as he slowly built us up to a rolling sea of waves.  My orgasm wasn’t one big burst of energy; instead it started as a small flame that slowly built into a raging fire that had me crying out Patrick’s name as I clawed my fingers up and down his back.  He also was yelling out my name along with other incoherent words as he released himself deep into me.  It felt like years of pent up frustration and love had come pouring out from his soul, into mine; leaving us both shaking in each other’s arms when we finished.
Once we parted he gently picked me up and placed me under the covers.  He crawled in next to me and pulled me into him, so that my head was resting on his chest as I curled around him.  Soon my tears came and he held me as I cried.


That was the 3rd time I made Emma cry.  However, this time she also made me cry as I felt the twine that had been wrapped around my heart for so long, cut loose.  My heart was allowed to beat freely with the woman I had loved for so long.  No words can explain the feelings I was experiencing as I stared at the beauty lying in my arms, whispering that she loved me.

4 comments:

I Love Canadian Boys said...

Oh my gosh. FINALLY! hahahaha. Ok that was great! I hope this doesn't end up being a one time thing and that they actually talk about their feelings after this.. Also, i have this weird feeling that somehow Ryan is gonna find out and this is why she won't be able to see Patty...
Great Update!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. I really hope that she doesn't regret what they did. I'm so happy that he finally showed her how he feels aboubt her. It's about time!!!!

Meaghan said...

Yay! But not yay!...
That was beautiful! I love everything about it! But I have a feeling it's only that night and there done! Cause you had feb 2009, and she was still with Ryan! So I do not like that! I like how she said it felt like she was suppose to be with Patrick and Ryan never made her feel that way! It was all pure love! I'm so excited for the next chapter! I wish this was a real book so I could just turn the page and finish! I would never be able to set it down!
Great job!

Mimi said...

Unbelievably beautiful. I hope they don't fight this.